VLB 1241 - 285 000 Euros (agency fees included)
BASTIDE COUNTRY: Superbly restored exposed stone property with original main house (130 m2), large studio (30 m2) beautifully landscaped gardens, idyllic pool area with view and independant guest house (30 m2) and garage (24 m2), all set in around 4341 m2 of partially sloping grounds in a small old-stone hamlet just outside the medieval bastide town of Belvès in the Périgord Noir of the Dordogne.
A charming property in a peaceful location with lovely views… no description can really do it justice, it must be visited !!!
Main features :
- 130 m2 of living space in the main house
- 30 m2 of living space in the independant guest house
- 30 m2 of living space in the studio, 18 m2 covered terrace
- garage (24 m2)
- 15 m2 of storage space between the house and the garage
- 4341 m2 of landscaped grounds, partly flat, partly sloped with orchard and woodland
- south-facing pool (9.50 m x 4.20 m), roman steps, slab terrace surround, new liner and winter cover
- double glazed windows
- night storage radiators
- septic tank drainage
- ADSL broadband, WIFI
The Main House (130 m2 approx.):
- a large split level entrance hall (42 m2) with tiled floor and large glass windows, living and dining area, recently fitted kitchen, stairs to the mezzanine sleeping area above
- a second fitted kitchen (17 m2), now used as a utility room, with French windows leading to the back gardens and pool area and guest house
- a large living room with wood burning stove (33 m2), large sliding glass doors to the entrance hall and to the back garden, exposed stone walls and wood floor
- a first floor bedroom with exposed stone walls and beams (17 m2), wood floor, 1 south window
- a ground-floor shower room (5 m2), with shower, washbasin and wc, west window
- a separate downstairs wc under the stairs to the first floor (1 m2)
Adjoining the main house, an independant studio with new roof and large glass sliding doors overlooking the front garden (30 m2), a summer room and storage area (&( m2) leading through to the stone garage (24 m2).
Down from the house
on the south side of the house is the one-floor guest house comprising
one large living area with small fitted kitchen area, a living area and a
sleeping area with separate shower room with wc (30 m2). At the
entrance to the guest house is a large covered terrace with fitted
barbecue (18 m2).
Down from the house and guest house is the secluded pool area with paved terrace and fabulous views over the valleys below.
A small wooded path leads down from the pool area to the orchard, full of glorious irises in the Spring and perhaps also truffles.
A well-maintained property with lots of charm and character, ideal as a small primary residence with income potential or as a magnificent holiday home.
Owners property tax : 1215 Euros
Purchase costs & taxes: 20 700 Euros (approx.)
Houses and properties for sale in the Dordogne